Thursday, July 03, 2008

Thankful Thursday





Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever.
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
John 3:35-36


This Independence weekend,

I thank God for a country where everyone is free to choose who to worship, how to worship, where to worship, when to worship or even not to worship.

I thank God for my adopted country which extends those same freedoms.

I thank God for the people who have gone before us, throughout history, many sacrificing their lives to provide us that freedom.

I thank God that I have the freedom of speech to say or write what I believe without fear of government reprisal.

I thank God for the forums that He has helped ordain for me to speak--in my family, my church, my study groups and in this blog.

I thank God that my children are growing up in a place that allows them those freedoms, and I pray that they will always know such freedom.

But most of all I thank God that absolute freedom comes through Christ. I thank Him that His sacrifice has set me free. I pray for those whose hearts are free but who live in countries where their bodies and actions are not, that they will take comfort in the freedom of the heart. I pray for those of us who are in free countries, that we never take for granted where true freedom reigns.


For others posts of what they are thankful for please visit Iris.

5 comments:

Dana said...

We have a lot to be thankful for just simply by living in this country. Amen to this post. Happy 4th and have a blessed weekend.

Susan said...

Happy TT Mipa,

Oh, what a great list! We have so much to be thankful for.

I pray you and your family enjoy a wonderful 4th tomorrow.

Blessings♥

Anonymous said...

Such a thankful post - I agree that our lives are filled with freedom through the death of our Saviour.
Have a wonderful 4th July!
~Chrissy

Nise' said...

Great reminders of all that we have to be thankful for and so often take for granted.

eph2810 said...

Amen to that, Miriam Pauline! Yes, we sometimes do take for granted the freedom we have and forget about our brothers and sisters around the world that are not free.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Blessings to you and your precious family.