Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thankful Thursday--Marriages




You would think that it was June around here with the talk of weddings. So today, I wanted to express my thankfulness around that topic.

*I thank Jesus that He brought German and me together at a time in our lives when we could recognize His hand. I thank Him that He first made us friends and then led us to marry. I am so thankful for German as a friend, leader of our home and father of our children.

*I thank Jesus that he gave my dad and Dix each other and that they have just celebrated their anniversary. It is wonderful to be with two happy people!

*I thank Jesus that he gave Amy and Casey one another. I so wish I could have been at the wedding two weeks ago, but was able to attend in prayer and well wishes. The pictures were gorgeous. Praying God blesses this marriage richly.

*I thank Jesus that tomorrow, we will witness the wedding blessing of two dear friends from church. D's attention to covering his marriage in the prayers of godly men has been inspiring. I pray that tomorrow begins a journey of serving God together in music and ministry.

*I thank Jesus that he has knitted the lives of D&K together. I thank Him that they met while preparing for mission work and that they share a heart for telling the world about Jesus. I thank Him that He has led them to announcing their engagement. I pray for them as they prepare for a January wedding that the blessings of God will pour into their lives (and that they will know His guidance as to which continent they will serve).

*I thank Jesus for the wonderful, godly men and women that are around me that seek to allow Him to be the head of their marriages. I am thankful that there are examples of what God intends in marriage for others to look toward.

What are you thankful for today? Come and share it with us. We meet at Sting My Heart each Thursday.

Have a blessed day!

6 comments:

Nancie said...

Praise God for blessing you with such a wonderful husband. And thank God for all the marriages of your loved ones. Truly marriages are made in Heavens and a foretaste of that eternal bliss we shall enjoy one day with our Lord. Lovely post. Thanks for sharing your thankful heart with us. Take care and God bless!

Denise said...

Marriages are a true gift from God.

Kristin said...

I am thankful that God has gifted my husband and I with a wonderful marriage and 3 fabulous kids.

Anonymous said...

A Godly marriage is a true relationship made in Heaven!
God bless.
~Chrissy

Kristi said...

That was a great TT list! Blessings to you.

Unknown said...

*I thank Jesus for the wonderful, godly men and women that are around me that seek to allow Him to be the head of their marriages.

Amen. What a beautiful post and words to honor our Lord. God bless. Hugs.