Thursday, December 23, 2010

Journey to Advent--Day Twenty-four

Photobucket

John 1:1-14

My Old Testament professor called this passage the theologians Christmas story. I prefer to think of it as the writer's Christmas story. A writer is immersed (or is it obsessed) with words. It is how we express ourselves. Words capture emotion, drama, fact and subtlety.

We know that God spoke the creation into being. His creativity flowed through his words. And then, that WORD, that creative force, became flesh. It became like humanity, only without sin. God's creative power became like me. Amazing!

Father, as I use my creativity to put words to paper and screen, may they reflect a little of your immense creativity. Thank you for your WORD. Help my words point people to your WORD. Amen.

No comments: