Monday, December 06, 2010

Journey to Advent--Day Seven

Photobucket

Malachi 3:1-4  Cleansing and Refining

The prophet Malachi once again reminds us that we must prepare the way for God to come to us. That is the purpose of Advent--to clear away the things which clutter our relationship with him.

As we give a careful look at what clutters our path, we often find that it is our disobedience (sin) that keeps us from being ready. The problem is that we have no way to clear up our own sin. That is where Jesus comes in. He comes with the tools, his life, to cleanse us and to make us ready. Then, he does not stop with cleansing. He does not leave us in our raw form. Instead, he sits at the fire and burns away the dross, refining us to be of the highest value. How wonderful that he brings out our value. Are you ready to be made worthy for your King?

Father, clear away the sin and obstacles out of my life. Purify me. Cleanse me. I give myself to your refining fire. Bring about my value for you. Amen.

No comments: