Thursday, August 30, 2007

Middle Name Meme

I've been tagged by my friend at Where the Rubber Meets the Road for the middle name meme. So, in an effort to be a good sport (especially since she is always a good sport when I tag her), here goes.

The Rules:
You have to post these rules before you give the facts.
Players, you must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of your middle name.
If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.
When you are tagged you need to write your own blog-post containing your own middle name game facts.
At the end of your blog-post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag.
Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


P--political. I try not to be too political in my blog, but irl I have always had a tremendous interest in politics and what makes our government work. I always planned to run for office someday--then I grew up and realized I really don't want that responsibility. I try to steer away from party politics in discussions, I'm much more interested in issue discussions.

A--academic. I love learning new things. I love digging into word meanings and cultural background when studying Scripture. I love teaching what God has shown me to others. And I love being my children's primary teacher as well.

U--unassuming. I strive to be unassuming. I don't like to put people out or off. Sometimes this means I totally fade into the background or get taken advantage of, but mostly it works out. :-)

L--leaves. Specifically autumn leaves. I love, love, love autumn. I love the crispness in the air. I adore the sights and the colors. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. And ever since I did the study, Living in Love with Jesus by Dee Brestin and Kathy Troccoli, the symbolism of the leaf dying for the beautiful colors to emerge is one of my life symbols.

I--introvert. Through and through. Too many people and I start to feel suffocated. I need lots of space and lots of down/alone time.

N--needlearts. I love them. Especially cross stitch and quilting. But I appreciate all needle art.

E--Expat. I love being an expat. I love traveling, and experiencing new cultures. It has changed my perspectives in many ways on issues I was once passionate about. This doesn't mean I don't love being an American--I do. And I appreciate being American so much more for my travels elsewhere.

I'm choosing not to tag anyone, because most of the people I would tag already have been. (btw thanks V for being a good sport because I would have tagged you just for you to laugh and say no). If you haven't done the meme and would like to, consider yourself tagged.

2 comments:

Velda said...

Thanks dollface, but I already got nailed.

Anonymous said...

I am contacting everyone on the Laced With Grace blogroll to say....

As a contributor to the Laced With Grace Devotional Site, I want thank you for your faithful readership. September is our one-year anniversary. We are please to announce we have a permanent new address. www.lacedwithgrace.com. Please change your link to include this new address.

Thank you. Lynn