Monday, August 06, 2007

Thank you

Thank you for letting me take a little respite (like I gave you much choice). I found myself in a down place for a few weeks--can't even pinpoint how or why. But creative juices totally dried up. Coupling that with a changing routine with summer, new classes for Jewel for home ed, and German's killer work/travel schedule I just needed to back off. But the past week has been much better. And the sun came out, so I'm back. (hmmmm...maybe a month without sunshine is the real culprit here).

While I was away, my dear friend Danielle bestowed upon me this:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


You can read about the "award" and rules regarding it here. In essence, the award says:
"For those who answer blog comments, emails, and make their visitors feel at home on their blogs. For the people who take others feelings into consideration before speaking out and who are kind and courteous. Also for all of those bloggers who spend so much of their time helping others bloggers design, improve, and fix their sites. This award is for those generous bloggers who think of others."

I am blown away. One, because Danielle is one of the people who make me think on a daily basis. Two, she is so much better than I am at commenting right away and emailing encouragement. I tend to star a site to return to, and then decide it is way to long past the original post to comment. *sigh* And third, she gave it to me when I wasn't writing. (hmmm....maybe I was being *thoughtful* by not imposing my thoughts on you). I am truly honored. Thank you, my friend.

The award allows you to bestow it (or one of the others from the website) onto five other people. I read 100+ blogs a day. And everyone I read is because they make me think, encourage me, or intimidate me with their creativity. Narrowing down to five is impossible. And many of the ones I read have already been awarded this. But here are the ones I am going to honor.

Tami at The Next Step. She makes me think. She makes me cry. She makes me laugh. Not only is her blog a place of encouragement, but her comments in my blog stretch me and challenge me.

Grafted Branch at Restoring The Years. She challenges me as I raise daughters, as I homeschool those girls and I seek to grow them into women of God. If I can glean .05% of the grace she demonstrates with her girls, I'll be successful.

Maria at Pixilated Palace. She was one of the first home education blogs I read. And I read a long time before I started commenting. She is gracious, and encouraging, and funny and I desperately wish I could sit down with a cup of coffee and let her make me think in person.

Renee at Where the Rubber Meets the Road. We have been *friends* for a long time--way before blogging, even though we have yet to meet in real life. Her scrapbook pages intimidate me. Her cards make me jealous. Her love for her children and joy in home schooling encourage me. And her love for God is palpable. She doesn't post nearly often enough, but she always makes me smile when she does.

I reserve the right to award a fifth recipient down the road.

6 comments:

Velda said...

Welcome back :) And congratulations on your well deserved award :)

my4blessings said...

This is undeserved but appreciated whole heartedly! I so enjoy your blog and draw a lot of inspiration from you. I just know that we could jump right into conversation if ever our paths do cross. Many blessings on you, my friend!

Anonymous said...

A much deserved award! And thank you for the kind words!! Glad you are opening up the windows to allow the sunshine in again. My sister suffers from SAD (seasonal affective disorder) and during the winter months she spends a lot of time in front of her portable 'sun lamp'. It really does a great job of relieving her depression. However, I know that there are times when we just need to step back and breathe, whether it is rainy or the sun is shining, to get our lives back on track and everything back into it's proper perspective. I look forward to reading what you have to say as always!!!

Paper Dali said...

Congratulations, Miriam Pauline, on receiving such a well-deserved award. You're always the blog that I save for reading when I've got a big mug of coffee and time because I know you'll leave me thinking and praying. You've helped me enrich my relationship with the Lord. May you be very blessed for all the good that you do!

Oh, and, ha, thanks for the award, too. Blush, blush. I so did NOT know that you read me for a long time before posting there. I'm glad you did comment, though, so I could find you.

I very much would love to have a cup o' anything hot with you and chat, but I'm on the wrong side of the ocean. Sigh.

Tami said...

Hey, how nice are you?! You've made my week! It is especially meaningful because of my respect for you. Your comments help me process the flurry of thoughts I call posts. Thank you, friend.

Grafted Branch said...

I've missed you! Thanks, Friend, for the encouragement. You bless me.