Friday, September 07, 2007

I AM, Lesson 14, He Brought Us Out to Bring Us In



It's time for another installment of the I AM Bible Study! I can't believe how far we have come and there are only two more after this. Lisa has done a wonderful job opening up the Word to us. This week's lesson is based upon Exodus 6:6-8, Exodus 15:13 and Deuteronomy 6:23. Here are the Burning questions:

1. We talked of the importance of encouragement when God has called us to task. Has a lack of encouragement or even ridicule ever taken you back to a place of insufficiency you thought you had conquered?

I can't think of a specific incident that has taken me back to a place of insufficiency. But I do know that when I am teaching, several weeks of non-encouragement puts me in a place where it is just harder to get it done.

2. Is there someone you know right now who is attempting a new ministry that could use a world of encouragement from you? Why do you think this thing may be scary for her? Will you commit to write a note, make a call, or send an email with a dose of courage inside?

I learned this week that a family friend is taking a 2 year assignment with SIM to go to Peru. Since he will be encountering a new country, new culture, new language, new climate, new everything, I'm sure that will be rather daunting. He obligingly set up a blog, so I've been able to comment and encourage him through that. I will be looking for other ways to encourage as well.

3. Read Moses' song in Exodus 15:3-18. What line speaks to you most? Why does it touch you?

Verse 11 "Who among the gods is like you?" The world we live in is so filled with other gods claiming to be the answer, and some dear people around me are buying those lies. This verse is such a reassurance that God is God and the little gods are powerless.

4. Based on the applications of living either inside or outside the Promise, where would you now say you currently reside? (As I read your answers, if this one point seems to have been confusing, I'll elaborate in a separate post. Again remember I am asking this question in terms of abundant living and not in determining salvation.;))

Inside the promise.

5. If you are 'Somewhere in the Middle' between the girl you were and the one you want to be, how do you plan on changing that? Is there a barrier you feel you can't climb? Knowing God is for you and this study group is for you, is there a way we can help?

I think the path of discipleship will always have me somewhere in the middle of where I was and where I'm going to be. Because every time I reach one destination, God shows me a further goal to develop my trust and relationship with Him. As I've said before, I love that the journey is never stagnant--calm sometimes, frantic others, but always moving and growing in grace. I don't have specific barriers I need to climb. Just need to keep persevering in the Lord.

Blessings to you for reading. I pray you were encouraged.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I needed to see this today~I've kinda fizzled out. *THANK YOU!* for encouraging me to continue, even though you didn't know it! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Denise said...

Bless you sweetie, you are such a warrior for the Lord.

Susanne said...

Thanks for sharing MiPa! Especially your answer to #5, it truly blessed my heart!! Have a blessed day!