I don't think I'll get to a 1000 this year. So many times I think, "I need to write that down" and forget. I'll keep doing this in my journal, and may share occassionally. Thank you, Ann, for suggesting this journey. It has been eye-opening and life-changing to become more aware and affirm the gifts God gives me.
346. My Mom, depite the rocky issues I still have my Mom and one of my dear friends is facing Christmas without her Mom for the first time and another is facing that possibility.
347. My brother who drives me to insanity often; but again, he's mine and I have him
348. My Dad and his unconditional love
349. Weekly phone calls with my Dad
350. Dixie because she has made my Dad happy for the first time in years
351. Dad going back to church with Dixie
352. Tina (my niece)
353. Landon (my nephew)
354. Aunt JoAnne
355. Beth and Jim
356. Hospice care to support Beth and care for Aunt Jo
358. Maintenance engineers that repair wings before planes fly
359. text messages of safe arrivals
361. My brother-in-law, and the hope he will someday be my brother in Christ
362. Church Christmas programmes which teach the truth
363. The joy of knowing that so many in the crowd are on the verge of experiencing their "first Christmas". Praise God!
364. The privilege of understanding the real meaning of Christmas
365. Saying "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Christmas" and not worrying if the other person would rather it be just a holiday
366. Christmas lights reflecting in the lake
367. Gingerbread cookies, now decorated, on the cabinet
368. Hearing Jewel say "I really loved decorating Mommy"
369. Knowing a memory was made
370. Laughter as friends helped them decorate
371. Aromas of baking cookies
372. dipping the gingerbread in my coffee
373. orange flavoured hot chocolate on a cool morning
374. fog rolling in as if hugging the house
375. Christmas carols
376. cheap flights
377. anticipation of a holiday in Ireland
378. the blessing of a downtown hotel so a car will not be needed
379. much needed time to be with family
383. a new prayer partner
384. prayers for our husbands
385. prayers for our children
386. prayers for ourselves
387. knowing that God heard those prayers and honours prayers
388. more to come...