Sunday, August 20, 2006

Bounce, bounce, bounce

Planned a bouncy castle surprise for my dd fourth birthday. The party was Saturday. Saturday morning at 4 a.m. I was awakened by the rain. Loud, torrential, hard to sleep thru rain. I was quite worried. I knew I'd let her bounce even if it was wet, but what of the 10 other 2-7 year olds arriving at my house at 11 a.m.? What would I do with them? I had a few indoor games if needed, but it was just not going to be the same. The bouncy castle arrived at 9:45 and was set up. The reaction on my daughter's face was worth every penny we paid, even if no one bounced. It was almost not raining at 11. One of the young adults at the party went to "dry off the castle" and had a good bounce. We started everyone with Subway sandwiches and chips and hoped for the best. The sun held. They had a good hour of bouncing before the rain chased them back in. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So they came in after an hour to have birthday cake Photobucket - Video and Image Hostingand play in the toy room and open gifts then it was time for it to be over. Didn't need any of the indoor games after all. whew! It rained the rest of the day, so we didn't get any private family time to bounce, but she was thrilled. One last shot of the two princesses! Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: