Friday, March 24, 2006

Cross Stitching Musings

Since I will frequently be writing about stitching, I'll give a brief intro to what I'm working on at the moment.
First, an admission: "My name is MiPa and I am addicted to Round Robins (hereafter known as RRs)." For the uninitiated, a RR is a cross stitch piece that is stitched on by a group of stitchers. The owner of the piece plans it out and stitches her/his part then sends it to the next stitcher who completes their part and so on until it returns home to the owner for the most-part finished. I say for the most-part because I am notorious for not having my part completed before the first mailing date and then it comes home needing completion, but with other projects on-going it rarely gets done. With the exception of one huge undertaking this year, my goal has been to not join any RRs that I cannot complete my part before it leaves my house the first time. So far, so good, but it is only March. Sane people only join one RR at a time. I'm in five. (yes you read that correctly) I never claimed to be sane. Most RRs have a maximum stitch area of 4900 stitches (70x70). One of my RRs has a max stitch area of 14400. I'm an addict. What else can I say? In my possession I only have two RRs at the moment: P's neighbourhood RR which needs to be mailed end of April and the new Band Sampler RR that has a first mail date of April 30. Can't start it until my sparkly fabric arrives. Of the other three that I am in, I'm the last stitcher on V's Sew Cozy and V's Welcome RR but they are not here yet. I have 4 more pieces to stitch on for the Single Theme RR, but we are a month ahead on it so I won't see another for a while.
In other stitching, 2006 is to be my year to finish things. My 3 main projects are going well right now, but they were all started over a year ago and none of them are 50% complete yet. I have a newly kitted project (
Solitude) that I am dying to start, but will wait until at least two projects are at 50%. It will be my reward. I'm also finishing "old" RRs. One down, 6 to go. :-)
Quilting is the red-headed step-child around here right now. Plenty of projects started but I'm not working on any of them.
There it is in a nutshell. Watch this space for updates.
Blessings....

No comments: