Friday, March 24, 2006

Well here we go...

my first post in my new blog. Hmmm... I've thought of entering this world of blogging for some time, but always find an excuse not to start. But I've decided to take the plunge and see where it leads. My hope is write at least once a week, but more realistically it may be once a fortnight. We'll see what happens.

I guess I need to start with "why the title". Even those of you who know me best are probably saying "huh?" or "who is Miriam?" For years I have dreamed of being a writer. The pen name I have always wanted to use is Miriam Pauline (MiPa) in honour of my two grandmothers Mary John (hebrew deriviative Miriam) and Frances Pauline. That dream has really taken hold over the last dozen months. I play at writing, but have not taken it seriously. Maybe by giving MiPa a public voice I'll eventually have the courage to let her shout.

Thank you for honouring me by "listening" to my monologue. Blessings...

No comments: