Yay! Lisa's back! I have missed this study the last couple of weeks, but I'm glad Lisa had a good time away with her family.
Here are this week's discussion quesitons. For the full discussion, please visit The Preacher's Wife.
1. Have you ever been in a situation where you had to 'go back' to a place of shame or ridicule? How did that make you feel?
Oh, yes, many times I've had to "go back" to the point of shame or ridicule in order to see it from God's perspective and let Him heal it. Sometimes it is a virtual going back--revisiting the feeling and emotions. Other times I have had to physically go back to the place or the people who were present (or even causing the ridicule). Neither is easy. I'd say the overall feeling in those times was uneasiness, ineffectiveness and that of being small. But at that time God has always shown me His sufficiency, His effectiveness and His greatness.
2. Is there any circumstance in your life that still has you running for cover? Share if you feel comfortable.
I wouldn't say I'm running for cover. There are situations that I am more acutely aware of needing God's armor because they are not going to be easy or pleasant. I feel that is just part of God's teaching me to be more aware and more prepared.
3. When is the last time you felt like an overcomer?
I've been feeling like an overcomer a lot these days. I am putting to rest some nagging thoughts regarding a friend. I am seeing God reveal Himself in my marriage as I learn to respect more and talk less. My diet is more and more under God's control--and the weight is coming off. I am becoming more the parent I want to be and not allowing my childhood to encroach as often. God is blessing me. He is soooo good!
4. If you have not yet taken the serpent by the tail, are you willing to stop running, take hold and trust God to transform it into a tool for wonders?
I believe I am allowing God to transform my serpents into tools of wonder. It is so amazing to see the results!
5. I would like for you to write down this statement based on 1 John 2:14 somewhere you will see it often this week: "I am strong, the Word of God abides in me, and I have overcome the evil one." Memorize it. Say it over and over until you believe it. Will you do this?? Most of the time, there are no right or wrong answers, but on this one, I'm expecting a 'yes'!
well....if you insist ;) I did a study of 1 John last year that spoke volumes to me. So, yes, I'll memorize it!
Thank you all for visiting! Thank you Lisa for teaching us so much through this study. Bless you!