Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

Mother's Day can be a difficult time for some of us who struggle with the relationship with our earthly mothers. Choosing a card that is "pretty" and "sweet" but not "deceitful" can be agonizing. But instead of focusing on the difficult part of the holiday today, I am simply going to share my mother's favorite Bible verse. For in spite of all the faults in our relationship she did always demonstrate a love of Scripture memory. (as you read, remember she was a farmer's wife)



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the LORD,

I will be joyful in God my Savior.
The Sovereign LORD is my strength;

He makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
He enables me to go on the heights.
Habbakuk 3:17-19





Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
photo credits: both from morguefile.com cotton by mitchlee83, flower by nazka2002

2 comments:

Velda said...

Thinking of you on this mother's day. YOU are one of the mother's that inspires me, altho we've never met I know you are one of the most incredible mother's on this earth.

hollyday said...

Wow--I struggle with that every mother's day! I try to remember what I love about her, but finding a card that isn't deceitful as you said is very challenging. Thank you for a lovely entry :). ((hugs))