Tami at The Next Step has tagged me with the meme, 7 Things About Me.
Here are the rules: Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules. You need to choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they have been tagged and to read your blog!
So, here it is:
1. I absolutely love Art History. When we went to Florence a few years ago, I spent hours on the internet mapping the Uffizzi, marking the paintings I *had* to see, writing commentary to teach my non-art-loving husband. And then, the museum workers were on strike the day we got there. My loving husband delayed our leaving for Pisa so I could spend 4 hours in the museum!
2. My first job was data entry of parts at a tractor dealership. My grandfather used to love to come in and ask for me and then ask for whatever he needed, because he knew I was clueless about tractors. But I typed well. :)
3. When I got my graduate degree (in Kentucky) I only looked for jobs in the Pacific Northwest--a place I had never even visited. I figured I was young, single and it was a good time to make a move (plus there were so many people looking for work where I was). I phone interviewed and flew out for a trial run during Spring Break. Took the job, ended up not being the best fit but I met my husband while living in Washington so God was in control of the move.
4. In college, I rented a 4 bedroom *period* home that had not been refurbed with 3 other girls. Our names started with J,K,L,M so all our friends called the place the "alphabet house". It was in a not-so-great part of town. I saw more than a few drug busts while driving home, and got pretty good at being able to determine if the gunshot was on our street (only was once). My Dad was sure glad to see me graduate and move.
5. My undergraduate degree is in math. I became a social worker. My husband has a math degree but works in IT. Jewel loves math...maybe she'll continue the math degree tradition someday.
6. Now that I am raising a *mini-me* in Flower, I am constantly amazed that I even lived to adulthood. I actually apologized to my Dad recently for what I must have been like.
7. I am an absolute introvert. But I would love to be a party planner. Then I could plan the party and leave while others' enjoyed the fruit of my labor.
Now to tag others, hmmm.... Margaret, Velda, Megan, Maria, Floss, Emma, Tina consider yourselves tagged.