Here are my responses to this week's I Am study over at Lisa's place. Although the answers may seem a little short/curt, the thought process to get here was longer. I just found that conveying the emotion of the study into answers was not very simple.
1. How current is your God? Is he up to date on all your issues or do you have old hurts you still hold behind your back?
As far as what God has revealed to me, I believe that He is current and up-to-date. There are issues that rise--often new perspectives on old hurts, and at that time I seek to move where He is leading. I'm learning to trust His timing in bringing issues to mind.
2. Has the enemy ever told you there are situations that are 'old news' that are better left stuffed down? Or perhaps because they were so long ago they can't possibly be affecting you now?
Absolutely. The enemy will try any tactic to make us insufficient. And for years he whispered to me that it was better to just "stuff it" because that was the generational way of coping in my family. But, the glorious truth is that the enemy is a liar and that nothing is so "old news" that I can't deal with it in a Godly way. Thank the Lord He is teaching me that lesson.
3. In the matter of established authority, does God truly reign in your life? Where are you when He calls your name?
My heart's desire is for God to be God of everything in my life. I try to daily (or multiple times during the day, lol) thoughtfully and honestly put God on the throne and take myself off. There are the times I totally fall for the temptation to put my tiara back on and pretend I'm master of my life. Those times seem to be fewer and further between. I pray that I am always where I can hear Him when He calls my name.
4. Do you ever feel God has forgotten you in your 'west side of the wilderness'?
No. I don't feel forgotten. Often I wish the wilderness trip didn't have to be so hard, but I don't feel abandoned.
5. Have you ever experienced a time of cleansing where God has illuminated and rejuvenated you? If not, do you find you are in need of this now?
Yes I have experienced this. This is the question I am having the most difficult time explaining. Those times come, often unexpected, and just wow me. Not often am I speechless but God rejuvenates where words can't describe.
Thanks for another great study Lisa!