Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I AM--Lesson Sixteen--Wide Open Spaces



Lisa at The Preacher's Wife has posted the final installment of the I AM study. What a lovely, timely and amazing study this has been. The final lesson is based on Deuteronomy 34 and Hebrews 11 and deals with the Moses' reaching the Promised Land. No, he did not enter the physical promise land, but he did step into his eternal promised land. Another lovely lesson. This time she asks only one question:

"What is one thing God has taught you through this study?"

I can't easily say just one thing as this study has seriously impacted my life. The overall theme of God being ENOUGH was something that I needed reinforced. My head is full of knowledge, often too much knowledge, and it becomes easy to depend on what I know to get me through life. Often, sadly, I even depend on my knowledge to get me through the Bible Studies I teach. I needed to get past that. Lisa's description of the pillars falling in this lesson resonated with me (see here for my post on the fragility of our pillars). I love that He continues to reveal that He is absolutely enough, no matter how much (or little) I feel I need on any given day. He already knows my portion, and has prepared it for me. What an awesome realization!

Bless you Lisa for sharing your love of the Word and your love of people with us in this study. You will probably never know this side of heaven how many people you have blessed. But He knows! May you feel His Love poured out on you as you prepare for whatever He next calls you to do.

3 comments:

AK said...

Oh thats so true He is enough! I'm so glad I got to know you through this study (and I'm really sorry I've been bad a/b keeping up w/ your posts lately)! You're such and encouragement to me. Keep depending on Him and He'll keep showing you how big He is!

eph2810 said...

You know - when leading Bible studies, we do get as much knowledge as we can, but I always forget that I needed to just listen to His Spirit to guide me when preparing :)
Yes - He is enough for us, even if we think we can do certain things on our own...Thank you so much for sharing your final thought.

Blessings to you and yours.

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Hello again MiPa!

I'm finally catching up on reading this group's final postings. It is so bittersweet!

I can't tell you how much your participation has encouraged me. The note of testimony you wrote for this study is in my 'encouragement' file and will remain there forever. Thank you for entrusting your time and heart to me and this study. I'll never get over being grateful!

much love,

Lisa