Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A job and a disastrous celebration dinner

DH finally got confirmation of the job for which we were waiting. Those of you who know who he works for, it is for the only outsourcing group that is bigger. lol He ends with his current company on the 31st and starts with the new company on June 1, so God has graciously allowed us to not have any down time.

We got the prelimary news on Friday and it was confirmed by post on Saturday morning. But Friday night we decided to go out to dinner to celebrate. STOP READING NOW IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH. Okay, so we were going to our favourite Italian restaraunt, which is kind of fancy and fairly expensive. We've taken the girls before, but always early in the evening and never on a Friday when it is packed. But they are good and we are always getting compliments on their behaviour, so this should be easy. right.

So, I am feeling great, think I look pretty good and we are set for a wonderful meal. DD1 was fussy in her highchair and I decided it was just because she had slept a little in the car. So I took her out to sit in my lap. Where she promptly turned and projectile *v'd* all over the wall and my right shoulder (thankfully mostly water). *sigh* So I went to the restroom and washed out my shirt and dried it with the hand dryer (thank you God for one that really dries!) and returned to the table which had been cleaned while I was gone. By now DD1 is giggling and having a great time. So I think it must have been a fluke. right? wrong!

She goes back into the highchair, plays happily until starters come, sees the melon we had ordered for her and begs for it. I think that melon is probably okay so let her have 2 bites. But she wants to eat off of my plate, so again I take her out of the chair. This time she just turned to grace the entire front of my shirt with the melon she just ate. Again we go clean up. I'm contemplating a very stiff drink at this point. *grin*

We get back to the table and she goes to sleep on my shoulder through the rest of the meal. DH took her after he finished his meal so that I could finish eating. She woke up just long enough to *v* down the front of his shirt. At the same time DD3 decided to throw a huge tantrum because I told her to finish her pizza (she was asking for ice cream). So, we finished quickly and went home. So much for our wonderful evening out. But we won't forget our celebration dinner for a long time. *sigh*

Where did these children come from? DD1 ended up having a very fitful night, but is fine now.

No comments: