Saturday, October 30, 2010

Hosting In Other Words--Pray for the Harvest

Autumn is my favourite time of the year. Growing up on the farm, autumn meant harvest and harvest meant long hours with, often, extra workers. I loved harvest time.

Our lives are called to the harvest. But sometimes I miss the significance of that....

Come back on Tuesday and I will continue my thoughts on being part of the harvest. I have the incredible privilege of being the hostess for In Other Words and I've chosen the words of Jesus for us to reflect our thoughts. Please, write your own thoughts and come and link to us on Tuesday. If you are unable to write your thoughts, please come and encourage those who do.


Then Jesus made a circuit of all the towns and villages. He taught in their meeting places, reported kingdom news, and healed their diseased bodies, healed their bruised and hurt lives. When he looked out over the crowds, his heart broke. So confused and aimless they were, like sheep with no shepherd. “What a huge harvest!” he said to his disciples. “How few workers! On your knees and pray for harvest hands!”


Matthew 9:36-38 (The Message)

No comments: