Saturday, June 05, 2010

Living in Laodicea

I live in the land of Laodicea.  No, the sign as you enter my hometown does not say that name, but it is fitting just the same.  It is a land of lukewarm.  Not passionate enough to be hot, not totally cold-hearted either.  It is Laodicea.  But is not where I want to live....

Maybe you can relate?  If so, join in the fun Tuesday and write your own post.  But most definitely come back and follow the links of how we can let God rescue us from Laodicea.  I'm hosting "In Other Words" on Tuesday.  Here is the quote:

“Oh Lord, take Your plow to my fallowed ground
Let Your blade dig down to the soil of my soul
For I’ve become dry and dusty, Lord I know there must be
Richer earth lying below

For I’ve been living in Laodicea
And the fire that once burned bright, I’ve let it grow dim
And the very Word I swore that I would die for all has been forgotten
As the world’s become my friend”

Lyrics by Steve Camp
“Living in Laodicea”


Photobucket

No comments: