Tuesday, August 19, 2008

In Other Words--Order My Steps...all the way to Romania

Photobucket

Order my steps, in Your word
Order my tongue, in Your word
Guide my feet, in Your word
Wash my heart, in Your word
Show me how to walk, in Your word
Show me how to talk, in Your word.

(refrain)
I want to walk worthy, my calling to fulfill
Please order my steps, Lord, and I’ll do Your blessed will
The world is ever changing, but You are still the same
If You order my steps, I’ll praise Your name.


~A hymn by Glen Burleigh~


Such an appropriate quote for me this week. On Friday, German, the girls and I will leave for a two week mission with a church and children's home in Romania. I cannot wait to go! We were there four years ago (just before Flower was born) and viewed the land the children's home is being built upon. We dreamed the dream with the pastor and charity founder. And now, we go back to see the building taking form!

But, in the preparation for the trip, I must stay focused on the purpose. I need not get stressed about getting the details right. I must let God order the details in His will.

And, when we get there, I must depend on Him to guide us. I am well and truly out of my element in a country where I know virtually none of the language, and where the task is "be with the people and encourage them." That is fairly vague to this type A introvert! Yet, I know from past experience, that He will order the steps of the trip. Before, I was able to let my two year old disappear with complete strangers, playing in the homes and blessing the people. I was able to sit at tables so lavishly laid out by those with so little, and in absolute humbleness marvel at their hospitality. I was able to make "conversation" with a few words and lots of hand gestures. I was able to hold back my tears in the gypsy camp until we left. I know that He had appointed those times four years ago. I know that He will appoint them over the next two weeks. I pray that I am able to hear the call and follow worthily.

A few images from our last trip!
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket


Give me understanding,
and I will keep your law and obey it with all my heart.

Direct me in the path of your commands,
for there I find delight.

Turn my heart toward your statutes
and not toward selfish gain.
Psalm 119:34-36



Lord, Prepare the paths for us to walk. Prepare our hearts for what we will see. Order our steps as we seek to honor You by going. Amen.

Lori at All You Have to Give is the hostess for In Other Words this week. Come and be blessed!

12 comments:

Karen said...

Great thought about allowing God to order our steps. Leaving it up to Him. Hummmm, faith and trust? What a novel idea! Thanks and have a great journey on your mission trip.

Velda said...

What an incredible opportunity. I can't wait to hear all about it. Safe journey!

Kristin said...

Have a wonderful trip! God Bless!

Susan said...

Oh how exciting!! What an honor to experience this.

I'll never forget out trips to Russia and the Ukarine.

I thought I was going to bless them and I GAINED more then I could of ever given.

I'll be praying for everything to work together for you all.

Can't wait to hear ALL about it!!!

Denise said...

Bless you dear one, my prayers will be with your family.

Unknown said...

I'll be praying for you mission trip, Mipa... And, I love the Psalm 119 verse. Well said.

Chocolate and Coffee said...

Sounds so exciting. Can't wait to hear about your journey.

Blessings and hugs!

lori said...

Wow! I'm jealous!;)
What an exciting opportunity and what perfect words to cling to...

Peace be with you on your journey!
lori

Laurie Ann said...

Wonderful post! Am praying for God to order your steps in this journey and can't wait to hear about it! What a wonderful opportunity!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for dropping by and leaving a note on my Ava Writes blog! I visited your blog - nice post and what a fabulous opportunity - a mission trip to Romania. I have friends who adopted from there and the stories they tell are amazing.

I see from your profile you're an expat as well - small world, isn't it lol. We're oil expats, currently living in Australia, and in Saudi for five years prior to that, Malaysia four years before that.

Have a blessed trip and again, thanks for dropping by!

Ava Semerau
And God Was Pleased

"And long after the history of all the big things that make the front pages are forgotten, what God has done through you and a few people will be history.” - Dr. Richard C. Halverson

Anonymous said...

What an exciting opportunity! You will be in my prayers. I know God has prepared the way for you. Thanks for sharing this IOW in such a tangible way. I'm looking forward to reading about your trip and what you see God doing in Romania.

Margaret said...

Bless you and your family as you journey. Oh wow... I remember when you made this trip before!