Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Testing...Is this thing still on?

Somewhere along this blogging journey I've lost sight of why I do it.  What started as a place to record memories, share travels, journal life and stitching and feed this passion of a writer became something else entirely.  The attempts at developing my writing voice by participating in a few weekly memes resulted in my writing to a narrow audience.  That was never my intention.  I stopped going deeper and stopped thinking harder.

God has taken me on an amazing journey the last three years.   We came through a painful church non-split/split that left me bruised and broken.  I didn't (and largely still don't) feel able to share the depth of that because of those left behind that I dearly love and who are still hurting.  Now, four moves later, there is much that I have not said about the learning curve that perhaps I should have.

As I just alluded above, we have just completed our fourth move in three years.  This time it is out of most of my comfort zones into huge unknowns.  I have felt very strongly the last few weeks that God is calling us to new wineskins because the old ones won't hold what is in store.  I believe, at least I hope, that writing is part of that.  There are thoughts on women and friendship and marriage dancing in my head looking to find a voice.

I also want to get back to the fun heart of this blog--exploring the world with my amazing family.  So be prepared.  A photo tour of Ireland is coming.  Along with some thoughts of impressions of the London 2012 Olympics.  I might even throw in some stitchy pics and a few kid antics as well (life with a just turned 10 year old, 7 year old and toddling 10 month old is never boring).

To the four or five of you who have hung in there with me, and emailed me and loved me and cared for me, thank you!  I hope that something I have to say will make it worth it.  I look forward to journeying down this path with you.

Blessings!

2 comments:

Marsha Young said...

Miriam,
So good to hear from you again. This blogging journey is one that meanders from time to time, doesn't it?
I'll looking forward to reading your upcoming posts.
Blessings to you - Marsha

Susannah said...

Welcome back! (I've been gone for the summer.) So sorry for the difficulties you've been through. Tell us about your experiences, as you have strength and voice.

Hugs, e-Mom