Monday, January 14, 2008

Heard at Our House--the Funny Edition

A few more snippets of what you can hear at our house:

Flower: "I'm a Yogurt!" (playing with her talking Shrek toy from McDonalds)

*******
Mom: You have to wear long trousers today.
Jewel: I want to wear shorts.
Mom: Long trousers.
Jewel: But I want to be beautiful!
Mom: You will be beautiful no matter what you wear, but it will not be shorts. It's 4 degrees (C) outside.
Jewel: Then I won't wear anything!
(Like Mom is going to think naked is preferable to shorts on a cold day. *shrug*)

********

Dad: We're having pita bread tonight.
Flower: Pita is in the Bible.
Dad: No, Peter is in the Bible.
Flower: That's what I said, pita is in the Bible.
Dad: I think we need to work on her rrr's
Mom: I think that it is weird so many of her food conversations include the Bible.
Dad: Or maybe we are doing something right? (pause) It says we obviously feed them and teach them of the Bible. Must be right.

*******
coming soon...said at our house, the profound edition

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the giggles this morning ;)

Anonymous said...

LOL - I love kid logic! Hmmm, she won't let me wear shorts, maybe she'll let me go nekkid! Thanks for the laugh this morning!

Velda said...

oh my gosh, those are hilarious. Thanks for the giggle and especially for the smile :)

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi MiPa,
Those are fun conversations with your children. You know sometimes kids can be testy. But as your husband said, you must have a wonderful Christian atmosphere in your house if your youngster could not distinguish between Pita bread and Peter. He, he, he *lol* That's a good post. Thanks for it. God bless you and your entire family. Have a wonderful and peaceful day always.

_ said...

What great snippets of conversation. I especially loved the one about Peter. Thanks so much for sharing them!