Tuesday, November 20, 2007

In Other Words....or not

If you came today looking for my In Other Words contribution, I apologize. I am working on finding a new time to write as the girls are taking shorter naps. I was writing in the morning and doing Bible Study during their long naps. Now, I'm trying to start my day with Bible Study since I can't guarantee any quiet time later. It is making writing a challenge. This week, it has been impossible. I hope to be back into a routine next week. In the meantime join Alison at Simply Christian Living to discuss this quote:

The purpose of Christianity is not to avoid difficulty, but to produce a character adequate to meet it when it comes. It does not make life easy; rather it tries to make us great enough for life."
~ James L. Christensen ~



And if I don't get back here before Thursday, I pray each of you will have a blessed Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi MiPa,
I love the quotation. It is so much applicable to my life right now. I know that the Lord is building up my character that is why I am undergoing such a severe trial right now. But I hold on to His great promises to tide me over these difficult times. I sure hope you are all enjoying your vacation and may the Lord guide and keep you all where ever you go at all times. God bless and have a grand and fantastic vacation.

Paper Dali said...

Thanks for sharing the quote even though you didn't have time for the rest ...

It reminds me of the beginning of my conversion ... from a sleepy, almost comatose Catholic to a reawakened, zesty one. Right after I was filled with that Holy Spirit fire, kerBLAM, I had a miscarriage. The pain took my breath away. Why was I suffering so? But then I did remember that His path is the one that involves carrying the Cross. And that faith gives us the ability to carry it (or in my case, sometimes drag it) rather than run in the opposite direction or abandoning it.

The Christian life is not an easy life. How can it be if we choose to imitate Him? But it also has the sweetest sort of joy to it, also. The happiness that I felt as a lapsed Christian is lukewarm and dull in comparison to the brilliant, awe-inspiring happiness that my heart has now ....

Yay, God! : )

p.s. re: Comment on my blog
How cute that you thought of me. : ) And I would've gone for the ceviche (YUMMERS), too. Empanadas are easier to make at home. When I go out to eat, I always choose something that I can't make at home.

Wendell said...

What a wonderful post.
Bless you for sharing Mipas!