Friday, July 07, 2006

Two SBQs

Today's SBQ was suggested by Vash
(http://seasidestitcher.blogspot.com) and is:

What is the biggest mishap you have had with your stitching material
(i.e. spillages)?


When I was stitching an afghan for dd number 2, dd number 1 took the scissors and cut a 1 1/2 inch slit in the afghan. She cut in a place that was close to the stitched design but was not supposed to be stitched at all. I was able to take the strands where I was fringing the edge and weave the cut together. Then I added a couple of extra roses to stitch over the section. If you know it is there, it is easy to find. But to the casual viewer it is not obvious.


[Last week's] SBQ was suggested by Cheryl and is:

What do you do with your charts once you've stitched them? Do you keep
them or dispose of them? If you keep them, do you organize them in a
way that is different from the way you keep your unstitched charts?


I'm getting better at giving away stitched charts to other's who might use them or putting them in a chart exchange that happens every now and then on the message board I frequent. I do keep charts that I am likely to stitch again, or which have motifs that I might use in RRs since that is my passion. Charts that have been stitched are noted on my excel worksheet of charts I own and are placed in their own file folder. That way when I'm looking for something that I know that I've stitched I only have to look in one place.

No comments: