Friday, July 07, 2006

Blown Away

Have you ever been totally blown away by something? You know have an encounter that absolutely takes your breath away? I had that experience last Friday night. I was going to the theater to see my good friend in the lead of Jane Eyre, the musical. I loved the book as a teen, so I expected to enjoy the storyline, although I just could not picture it as a musical. My friend has a lovely voice, so I knew it would be pleasant to hear. I knew that I would enjoy the show if only for those reasons and because I love "K." I never expected to be totally wowed! She was mesmerizing. From the moment she walked onto the stage, she was Jane. I would totally forget that I knew her and that we have spent hours walking, shopping, giggling, praying and crying together. She was the character. Her voice was in great shape--and she even said after the show that she seemed "dry" that night. The only time I was not watching her in awe was when A's "Rochester" was on stage, because he was the only one who could command the audience in the same way she did. It was an awesome night! Rumour has it that producer's from London's West End were to be in the audience to think about taking a version of Jane Eyre to the stage there. They had to be impressed with what they saw. Bravo! to the cast. What a wonderful evening!

No comments: