Tuesday, September 07, 2010

In Other Words--Trust not Resist

Photobucket

Stop fighting, stop resisting, stop complaining and start trusting your sovereign Heavenly Father; refuse to worry.

~Chip Ingram~


Circumstances beyond control have played havoc with my quiet life this year. (stop laughing, compared to this year I have had a quiet life) Grief surrounded the early part of the year. Chaos ensued with a move. And since the move? Well, let's just say that chaos has exponentially increased. And then some.

Have I fought against the circumstances? yep
Have I resisted? you bet
Have I complained? German is laughing at this question
Have I refused to worry? no

The only thing, apparently, that I've done right so far is to keep trusting in a Sovereign Heavenly Father.

But, inevitably, that is enough. For in the trust comes the peace. And in the peace comes the ability to stop fighting, stop resisting, stop complaining and stop worrying.

Someday soon I'll write about the chaos. But until then, let me testify that God is Sovereign and he does not let us go. No matter how intense the situation, he is going ahead of us and walking beside us. We can trust that is truth. Then we are able to respond more positively.

But as for me, it is good to be near God.
I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge;
~Psalm 73:28a~



Kathryn at Expectant Hearts is our hostess today. She has a beautiful post about the reality of how hard the actions of this quote are and the rewards of following. Please visit and be blessed.

3 comments:

Paper Dali said...

Sigh. You're right, of course.

It's hard not to worry when everything seems to be falling apart around you. Even though Jesus tells us very bluntly not to worry.

I'll keep you and the effects of this move in my prayers, Miriam Pauline!

Keep us in yours. :)

Kathryn @ Expectant Hearts said...

Miriam Pauline,
the very BEST thing about IOW Tuesday is seeing how we all interpret the quotes a little differently, apply them uniquely to our lives, and still use them to point us toward a relationship with God.

Thank you for linking up and sharing.. I loved what you've written here.

Tami said...

Don't beat yourself up too much friend. At least He's giving you ample opportunity to learn the lesson. He must have plans for you! I pray He brings reprieve soon.