Saturday, March 06, 2010

Hosting In Other Words

I'm sorry for my abrupt absence. I'll write about it soon, but still trying to find the words. In the meantime, I have the privilege of hosting In Other Words this coming Tuesday. The quote I chose is from the book "Same Kind of Different as Me" and is the telling of a friendship that grew between an art dealer and a homeless man. It is well worth the time, tears and laughter you will spend if you choose to read the book. I'm focusing on the following quote:

“There’s somethin I learned when I was homeless:
Our limitation is God’s opportunity.
When you get all the way to the end of your rope and there ain’t nothin you can do, that’s when God takes over.”
~ Denver Moore~
Same Kind of Different As Me
(co-written with Ron Hall, with Lynn Vincent)


I hope you will come back Tuesday to read how God is speaking to me in this quote. I'd love it if you would write a reflection on the quote and link back to us as well.

Have a blessed weekend!

1 comment:

Tami said...

I just read this book. GREAT choice, friend.