Thursday, October 15, 2015

When Things Are Out of Control

I recently attended a conference entitled "Control Freak or Trusting?" Those of you who know me, know exactly where I fall on that spectrum. *sigh* And, as such, it is frustrating me that things beyond my control, and a few things within my control, kept me from writing the last several days. So there is nothing finished enough to publish. Instead, I will leave you with the verses that the speaker used to remind the "recovering control freaks" in the audience that "God has this" and we can relax.



A voice says, “Cry!”
And I said,“What shall I cry?”
All flesh is grass,
and all its beauty is like the flower of the field.

The grass withers, the flower fades
when the breath of the Lord blows on it;
surely the people are grass.

The grass withers, the flower fades,
but the word of our God will stand forever.
Isaiah 40:6-8

If there is anyone else out there in recovery, trust Him. His Word stands and he has control of whatever is happening in your life. I'll be back with more soon.

No comments: