Thursday, August 17, 2006

A question, some finishes, and this and that

First, this week's SBQ:
Today's SBQs were suggested by Ami & Anna and are:

Do you have an organizational system for your fabric? If so, what is it? If not, what do you store your fabric in?

How do people store their fabric, especially those small but potentially usable pieces? Do they sort by count? How do they label it or otherwise know what each piece is?


I have a very basic system. I use a little antique dresser to store much of my cross stitch stuff. It has 2 drawers--one full of Aida and one full of evenweaves. Most are still in the plastic bags that they are shipped in. I know, *blush* you are really supposed to leave them in the bags, but it keeps the labels with them. I do open the bags so there is air flowing, if that helps. The ones not in bags, or that are pieces I have cut from a larger piece, I write size and count on a little piece of paper and staple or pin to the very edge.

Now for some finishes. This first one is for a band rr that I am in with leah and it was charted by her. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting I stitched the bottom band. It was a dream to stitch on and is so much lovlier in person than in a scan. It has one more stop in Canada on its way home.

Next is a little heart I stitched yesterday for a friend. I love how it turned out.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This and that: My daughter turned four yesterday. She is so excited to be "big." Her party isn't until Saturday, but she had a wonderful day. We went out to lunch with a friend for Thai food (her choice!). She called her uncle in Missouri. Her daddy had been working out of town all week and he brought 10 books home for her in a little carrying case and read to her last night. She has told everyone that she is four. It is so cute how much it means to her. I can't believe that it has been four years since she changed my world. She was our miracle baby after years of trying, two losses and finally coming to peace with the fact that we were going to be a family of two. Then she came. About her birth I wrote to her in her baby book,
You were born to American parents in an English hospital; delivered by an Irish midwife and blessed by your Scottish pastor when you were but 5 hours old. You are loved by more people around the world than you can even imagine. And your daddy and I are forever blessed.
I had no idea then how much a blessing she would be. I'll post pics after her party.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a sweet looking girl. She is so cute. Happy Happy Birthday to her on Saturday. They do grow up quickly.
You did a great job on your part of the band. I think it will look awesome when completed. I love the heart. The colors are pretty. I have a guess what the heart is for and won't say more than that...;)