Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Almost Paradise



My little hiatus was to run away with my wonderful family for 11 days of sun and fun on the Southern coast of Turkey. Now Turkey has never been very high on my list of places to visit. In all honesty, Turkey has never even made the list of places to visit. But, so many people we know have holidayed there and just raved about it. And, a friend owns a holiday villa out there, and we could get a good deal. So, we went. (pictures removed due to hosting issues)




What took us so long? This was our view. Everyday. For eleven sun-filled days.

 


The girls loved swimming everyday---and got quite confident in the water.


 



When we got tired of our private pool, we walked the 10 minutes down to the sea...




(yes, it is a big trampoline out in the middle of the bay!)


...or took a bus to Patera beach, voted one of the top beaches in the Mediterranean! And it was lovely!




I'll have some more insightful posts to come, but right now, you can enjoy the view.




Isn't God amazing?!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Beautiful! Id love to go there, it looks amazing. That last picture of German and the girls is my favorite.

Velda said...

WOW now that's a little piece of heaven. I too loved the last photo

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Wow, that looks amazing! Turkey has never been on my list either, but after your posts I just might have to add it!

eph2810 said...

Absolutely gorgeous - my kind of vacation. The view is incredible and it looks like the girls had a wonderful time :)